I had half a bag of almonds left from Costco that my man didn’t want to eat. He said they tasted stale. Well, I didn’t want to waste them, but I am not a big fan of nuts, so needed some ideas. I did a search on Google and to find ways to make almond butter. I watched a few videos with a similar machine to mine (Ninja Professional) because I don’t have a Vitamix, and well, it didn’t turn into butter. I waited for close to 15 minutes and it still didn’t turn into almond butter. I would have posted the video but it wasn’t worth just watching and listening to noise.
Have you decided what’s for dinner or even lunch? I haven’t. I have been feeling that I am sick of food. I get that at least once every couple of months. I just don’t know what to make anymore and when I think of something, my brain goes…meh. However, I don’t want to waste the food in the fridge, so I need to make something. I came across this great and very easy recipe called
Easy Protein Breakfast Bars in 5 minutes
I am getting sick of eggs. I was down south on holidays for a week and ate eggs almost every day. So, when we got home, I was definitely not in the mood for eggs. I was going through the cupboards trying to figure out what to make for breakfast without going out and buying stuff, but I also wanted it to be healthy and saw that I could make protein bars in 5 minutes using leftovers.
Protein Breakfast Bars
½ cup almonds (use any nuts you want or have left in the cupboard)
1 cup Peanut butter (it was hard as rock so I heated it up and good as new)
10 medjool dates (they look like bugs…but, they taste really good and sweet)
¼ or ½ cup of Water (want the oats and nuts to mesh together)
3 packets or 1 cut of oatmeal (the packages work just as good)
You’ll also need a blender, nutribullet, coffee grinder or a chopper to crush the nuts and dates. It doesn’t really work by hand and chopping them, welllllll, try it if you want, but it will take a long time and will hurt like a bugger.
- Take your hard as rock peanut butter and poor into a big enough bowl. Put the bowl into the microwave to heat it up so it will be smooth enough to mix with all the ingredients. (ONLY heat up the peanut butter if your peanut butter is hard or if you want to make mixing easier).
- Add the cup of oatmeal or whatever amount you have on hand into the peanut butter.
- Take a handful of almonds and put in the blender to crush them. Take them out and put them in the peanut butter bowl.
- Grab about 10 dates or however many you want and blend them. Take them out and put them in the peanut butter bowl.
- Mush all the ingredients together using your hands, not a spoon because it takes too long.
- Add some water if it’s not all sticking together. Poor gradually and mush it together until its thick.
- If you have some parchment paper, put that down first because it saves you from having to clean the dish after. Hey, I don’t like cleaning, so I try to avoid it…lol
- Place in a dish of your choice. I chose glass dish because…that’s the only one I have that will make them square.
- Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Trust me, it needs a bit of time to stick together. So, don’t try to taste it before. wink wink
- Take it out and cut it as desired
If you don’t have these ingredients, use what you have on hand.
Be creative and enjoy the process.
YES, I know I have to pay you, but some of them don’t tell me how much I owe. So, I have to log into see the balance…grrr.
It’s weird, I get emails regularly from them telling me my bill is do, but nothing about the points I accumulated and what I can use them for. She said that if I cancelled my card today that i would not be able to use the grocery points. So, what do you think I did? I said “I will gladly use them first and THEN, I will call you back and cancel the card”. Thank you.
So, before you cancel any of your credit cards or throw out your gift cards, check to see if you have any outstanding money or points owed to you, then…spend it, and then, close it.
Me tooooo. That’s what I’m always doing because I have leftover something but, not usually meat. I have to tell ma man DON’T TOUCH…those are for lunch. he he. I know, its not nice, but I am trying to prep the most amount of meals in the least amount of days and this is the only way.
So, here’s my weekly menu from last week.
Click the link below to get the pdf version of it.
Let me know if you have meal ideas for frozen strawberries, canned chick peas, almonds, and cuccombers. Now, I am hoping you’re not going to suggest I put those all together…One word…YACK!