I had half a bag of almonds left from Costco that my man didn’t want to eat. He said they tasted stale. Well, I didn’t want to waste them, but I am not a big fan of nuts, so needed some ideas. I did a search on Google and to find ways to make almond butter. I watched a few videos with a similar machine to mine (Ninja Professional) because I don’t have a Vitamix, and well, it didn’t turn into butter. I waited for close to 15 minutes and it still didn’t turn into almond butter. I would have posted the video but it wasn’t worth just watching and listening to noise.
Have you decided what’s for dinner or even lunch? I haven’t. I have been feeling that I am sick of food. I get that at least once every couple of months. I just don’t know what to make anymore and when I think of something, my brain goes…meh. However, I don’t want to waste the food in the fridge, so I need to make something. I came across this great and very easy recipe called
Easy Protein Breakfast Bars in 5 minutes
I am getting sick of eggs. I was down south on holidays for a week and ate eggs almost every day. So, when we got home, I was definitely not in the mood for eggs. I was going through the cupboards trying to figure out what to make for breakfast without going out and buying stuff, but I also wanted it to be healthy and saw that I could make protein bars in 5 minutes using leftovers.
Protein Breakfast Bars
½ cup almonds (use any nuts you want or have left in the cupboard)
1 cup Peanut butter (it was hard as rock so I heated it up and good as new)
10 medjool dates (they look like bugs…but, they taste really good and sweet)
¼ or ½ cup of Water (want the oats and nuts to mesh together)
3 packets or 1 cut of oatmeal (the packages work just as good)
You’ll also need a blender, nutribullet, coffee grinder or a chopper to crush the nuts and dates. It doesn’t really work by hand and chopping them, welllllll, try it if you want, but it will take a long time and will hurt like a bugger.
- Take your hard as rock peanut butter and poor into a big enough bowl. Put the bowl into the microwave to heat it up so it will be smooth enough to mix with all the ingredients. (ONLY heat up the peanut butter if your peanut butter is hard or if you want to make mixing easier).
- Add the cup of oatmeal or whatever amount you have on hand into the peanut butter.
- Take a handful of almonds and put in the blender to crush them. Take them out and put them in the peanut butter bowl.
- Grab about 10 dates or however many you want and blend them. Take them out and put them in the peanut butter bowl.
- Mush all the ingredients together using your hands, not a spoon because it takes too long.
- Add some water if it’s not all sticking together. Poor gradually and mush it together until its thick.
- If you have some parchment paper, put that down first because it saves you from having to clean the dish after. Hey, I don’t like cleaning, so I try to avoid it…lol
- Place in a dish of your choice. I chose glass dish because…that’s the only one I have that will make them square.
- Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Trust me, it needs a bit of time to stick together. So, don’t try to taste it before. wink wink
- Take it out and cut it as desired
If you don’t have these ingredients, use what you have on hand.
Be creative and enjoy the process.
Me tooooo. That’s what I’m always doing because I have leftover something but, not usually meat. I have to tell ma man DON’T TOUCH…those are for lunch. he he. I know, its not nice, but I am trying to prep the most amount of meals in the least amount of days and this is the only way.
So, here’s my weekly menu from last week.
Click the link below to get the pdf version of it.
Let me know if you have meal ideas for frozen strawberries, canned chick peas, almonds, and cuccombers. Now, I am hoping you’re not going to suggest I put those all together…One word…YACK!
Wow, I have been having trouble with my service provider and wasnt able to get onto my website, but it seems to be working again…as you can see:)
I have been up to A LOT of stuff. Here’s the run down.
Date night with ma man
we had been putting off date night for a while because we had so many other projects on the go, but this weekend, we got errrr done. We played cards at the trailer with the camp ground people. It was lots of fun. Next date for October is pistal shooting in Stittsville…woot woot:)
Writing my memoir
I have been writing stories for a few years now with the intent of making a book out of them, but I was struggling with how to make it into a book. I took some training, but it felt like they were mostly about promoting my book, and i will use those later, but right now, I need something to help me get clear on the writing and…I FINALLY found a good book. Its called “How to write a memoir in 30 days. I am on Day 4 when i should be on day 7, but that’s because the stories take a bit of time and…i need to be in the mood to write. After all, it’s my life story. However, I am not rushing as it WILL get done! But the most important part is…writing, which i am always doing. So, not to worry. Once I have the stories all together, I will share some of them with you, but for now, this is the new project I am working on. I have decided to write about the journey to writing this book on my blog. So, if you are thinking of writing a memoir, keep your eyes peeled.
Having fun – making food using mix recipes and left overs
Every Sunday, I go grocery shopping, but before I do, I usually go eat Pho soup and write my meal plan. However, this summer I have slacked because again of other projects, like our…NEW TRAILER:). It is soooo amazing and HUGE. Its a 2 bedroom. So, now when my girls weekend comes around, no one will have to tent it…unless they want to.
BUT….I’m back on menu planning because there was way too much eating out and..it was eating at my budget.
For tomorrow, it’s Slow Cooker pot roast…a la Tina🙂
Top sirloin – size? put 3 fists side by side and that’s how much.LOL. I never really look at the size, but rather the price and will I be able to get 3-4 meals .
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
2 cups of water
1/4 cup of left over red wine…it smelt vinegary:(…what a waste.
- Cook the onions in a pan first. I used nothing but water. Ocne cooked, put aside in a bowl
- Put the meat in the frying pan…sear each side as much as you want. I did it for 2 minutes each.
- Slice carrots and put them at the bottom of the slow cooker before you put the meat in.
- Put the meat on top of the carrots.
- Poor the homemade chicken broth over the meat.
- Poor the onion soup package over the meat.
- Poor the 2 cups of water in the slow cooker too.
- Poor the left over red wine beside the meat and not over it. I don’t want the meat to taste like wine.
- Put the cooked onion over the meat.
- Press the slow cooker button program to low. I like to let it cook for 8 hours.
- Oh ya, don’t forget to turn off the stove after you cooked the meat
- Mine will be ready for dinner tomorrow. Mmmm, I can already smell it cooking…mmmmm
Let me know how yours turns out.