Easy Protein Breakfast Bars in 5 minutes
I am getting sick of eggs. I was down south on holidays for a week and ate eggs almost every day. So, when we got home, I was definitely not in the mood for eggs. I was going through the cupboards trying to figure out what to make for breakfast without going out and buying stuff, but I also wanted it to be healthy and saw that I could make protein bars in 5 minutes using leftovers.
Protein Breakfast Bars
½ cup almonds (use any nuts you want or have left in the cupboard)
1 cup Peanut butter (it was hard as rock so I heated it up and good as new)
10 medjool dates (they look like bugs…but, they taste really good and sweet)
¼ or ½ cup of Water (want the oats and nuts to mesh together)
3 packets or 1 cut of oatmeal (the packages work just as good)
You’ll also need a blender, nutribullet, coffee grinder or a chopper to crush the nuts and dates. It doesn’t really work by hand and chopping them, welllllll, try it if you want, but it will take a long time and will hurt like a bugger.
- Take your hard as rock peanut butter and poor into a big enough bowl. Put the bowl into the microwave to heat it up so it will be smooth enough to mix with all the ingredients. (ONLY heat up the peanut butter if your peanut butter is hard or if you want to make mixing easier).
- Add the cup of oatmeal or whatever amount you have on hand into the peanut butter.
- Take a handful of almonds and put in the blender to crush them. Take them out and put them in the peanut butter bowl.
- Grab about 10 dates or however many you want and blend them. Take them out and put them in the peanut butter bowl.
- Mush all the ingredients together using your hands, not a spoon because it takes too long.
- Add some water if it’s not all sticking together. Poor gradually and mush it together until its thick.
- If you have some parchment paper, put that down first because it saves you from having to clean the dish after. Hey, I don’t like cleaning, so I try to avoid it…lol
- Place in a dish of your choice. I chose glass dish because…that’s the only one I have that will make them square.
- Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Trust me, it needs a bit of time to stick together. So, don’t try to taste it before. wink wink
- Take it out and cut it as desired
If you don’t have these ingredients, use what you have on hand.
Be creative and enjoy the process.
Are you considering starting a business, or maybe you have one already.
Are you like me, feeling a bit overwhelmed like maybe your business will not work? Maybe you won’t be as successful as others, or worse, it doesn’t get off the ground? Well, STOP right there. It will and I am going to help you get there, but in the meantime, I want you to print this My Do NOT Panic Statement. I took a book writing workshop a few years back and one of the things he said for us to do was to read out the statement with everyone else in the room, then sign it and keep it with you at all times. This statement is going to help remind you that what you’re doing is going to happen, but that you need to be patient.
I kept the paper, but the book is still germinating as he put it. However, it got me thinking that this could work for your business. Print it out and insert the image of your business or project you are working on. Whatever you do, be sure to have it someplace where you will see it daily.
I have provided a Do NOT Panic Statement-template I made. Feel free to change it to meet your needs.
This business will happen for me.
I understand that it could happen within the next few weeks, maybe the next few months, or maybe even next few years, but “it” will happen!
Every great business idea requires a period to grow and develop before it sees success.
Until that time…I will stay calm because I know I am worthy and it will happen!
Hey ladies, and gentlemen if you are here.It’s February, and you know what that time is…Tax time!
If you’re anything like me, you hate giving your hard earned money away, especially to the government through your taxes. Well, I found a video that will help you to understand what you need to do before submitting your taxes.
The video is called Small Business Tax Tips – Tax Planning Strategies for Canadian Small Business. I am adding this to my calendar to complete as one of my tasks for February.
Before you do your taxes, take a look at his videos to see if there are other ways you can save money.
If you have other tax tips, or are a tax expert, please feel free to add your name and email in the comments below.